homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wednesday Wadio: Arcade Fire's 'Keep the Car Running'

I saw this live on SNL two weeks ago and found a new appreciation for Montreal's eeriest band since maybe The Box. I was obsessed for about a week two years ago when they first came on the scene, but became disillusioned when they became the next big thing. I have listened to the new album a few times through, and there's no sophomore slump to be found - so they're back in my good graces. At least until I start my yearly, late-winter Smiths phase. And self-cutting.



Apparently they played three songs after the show was over for the studio audience. Then acted out their favorite Stuart Smalley sketch while Ouija'ing John Belushi and Danitra Vance. So yeah, a little weird. It doesn't help that the lead singer looks like Young Frankenstein. These guys have more members than Wu-Tang Clan. And where is Michael Scott? I got nothing. Busy days at the moment.

Labels: , , , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger the duck said...

I actually think Neon Bible might be better than Funeral. 'Ocean of Noise' is by far the best cut on there...And they are about to become the 'next big thing' all over again- the coverage they are getting is ridiculous (NY Times Magazine piece, NPR.org is streaming an AF show online, etc.).I love this album...but I think it's going to get played out fast.

Clap Your Hands and Say "Who"??

Thursday, March 08, 2007 9:00:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com