homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Toronto Move Update.

Everyday it seems someone asks me when I am finally moving North. Late last year, when I first let the cat out of the bag, there were pressing issues that needed my attention. Now that my grandmother has been put into a home - that pressure is off, so my move has been rescheduled. I am still looking forward to it, and I am still excited beyond belief, but we're now looking at spring - which, come to think of it, is practically here. So I'd better get the ball rolling.

What I plan to do is rent a truck and head up to my Grandmother's empty house via Buffalo. I'll then unpack my stuff so it's nice and close for my eventual move to Toronto. Then I am going to live at my parent's place in Portland for the summer. I should probably tell them that at some point. We don't have too many good years left, so I want to spend some time with the old man while I'm able. Sad but true.

So there you have it. Packin' up and heading out by Mid-May I expect. A couple more paychecks in the bank, time for my folks to settle in from Florida and hopefully I will get my American passport by then too. I have currently just completed the fingerprint stage, and next up is my naturalization interview, where I expect I will have to think kinda fast. Most people don't get a passport and then leave the country. But I shall return.

Labels:



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com