homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, March 23, 2007

Out Like Buster Douglas.

Spoke to me Mam today about plans for selling G-ma's house and getting on with our respective lives. So there are no nasty surprises for any of my peeps, real or imagined, I will be among the faithful Boston departed as of May 1st. I've been living in the North End for a little over 7 years, and I will always have a soft spot for this neighborhood and this city. But baby, I gots to go.

It's very bittersweet - not so much the fact that I am leaving Boston and moving to Toronto, but the reasons behind why I feel I have to. That having been said, I am tremendously excited to buy a car, buy my own place, spend time with my family - immediate and extended, and the fact remains that I have a tremendous group of friends up there from my very early high school (pre-1988) and University of Guelph days. It's not like I'm shipping out to the Falklands.

While we're sorta on the subject, the timing of Facebook's very recent explosion into the Canadian market could not be better timed. Everyday I get friend requests from people I haven't talked to in 10 years. We have a group for the house I lived in at Uni, one for my old dorm Mills Hall and the network keeps growing and growing. It's all very, very serendipitous.

Before I lose consciousness from masturbating with maple syrup in anticipation, I should point out that my current employer, while allowing me to work remotely in the wilds of the North as much as I need too during this tricky time, also wants me back in Boston a few times a quarter - so I'll still be seeing everyone in Beantown on the regular. No biggie, for the best.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave! Haven't read your blog in a while and was doing some catch up. I ran across this little gem and I'm shocked to read that you're leaving. No more unexpected Dave sitings at Pixies concerts.

Hope all goes well with your move and good luck with life back in the old country. I'll keep reading to see how it's going.

Take care!

Friday, April 06, 2007 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Send me your email and I will add you to the Evite for the leaving 'do'.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried, but you never responded.

I can take a hint Dave!

:o)

Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:27:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com