homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Again With The Snow.

Working from home on Monday was cool. I did enjoy getting to stay up a little later carousing after the Patriots victory Sunday night. And I grew up in Ottawa so this hardly phases me - but fer feck's sake, Old Man Winter - Give us a chance to dig out at least. In the last three days I've ruined 2 pairs of dress shoes. I got a phone call at work from my hysterical 78-year-old neighbor pleading with me to carry her trash to the end of the street. I assume that the alarm going off in my office building right now means snow evacuation and my now having to walk all the way home after just arriving. But let's get back to North End 'Snow Rules' for a second.

  1. If you shovel someone's sidewalk, staircase or entry way, you get to remind them of that fact every time you see them until at least the first snowfall of the following winter.
  2. Thinking about moving one of those planters blocking the sidewalk on almost every main street to shovel/plow snow? Think again.
  3. If you put your trash out before nightfall, your name will be mud (this actually applies all year round).
  4. If you live on a lane, and it's snowed in, you have to carry all your trash to neutral main street areas.
Stay warm, kids. It's far from over.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but notice that you 'ruined two pairs or dress shoes...'. Anyone raised in Ottawa should recognize the value of a good pair of toe rubbers. You know, those mini-galoshes-type shoe covers. What the hell's a matter with you, goin'out in nasty weather without yer toe-rubbbers?  

Posted by Anonymous

Friday, January 28, 2005 10:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still adjusting to kaak rubbers. So cut me some slaak. 

Posted by David Pye

Sunday, January 30, 2005 9:03:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com