homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, January 21, 2005

Friday's Quizzlet: Underwear Goes INSIDE The Pants.

Appetizer: What is one quality you really admire about yourself?
My mother is a pussycat, while my father is a bit of an arsehole. I was once an even mix of the two personalities - each type has its own pros and cons. I was a tender and sympathetic young lad, but 3 high schools in 4 years changed that dramatically. In University I hovered somewhere in-between, but the past 5 years of inner-city living have pushed me further and further towards the dark side. I guess I admire my ability to embrace and appreciate the need to have a balance of good and evil in your personality. It's essential for self preservation - and reminding yourself that while showing young girls your boxer shorts on the street is pretty hot, it can still get you arrested in most states.

Soup: What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use?
PineSol and Ajax. Alternately.

Salad: Describe your favorite movie scene. The one that gets to you every time.
There are several. The scene in Goodfellas where Liotta's voiceover starts talking about how Jimmy has just decided to kill everyone involved with the heist. There's a slow motion zoom on DeNiro, leaning against a bar engulfed in cigarette smoke while Sunshine of Your Love plays in the background. That always gives me a chill. Then there's the scene in Blade Runner where Roy saves Deckard from falling off the building and then sits down in the rain to give him a strange Nexus 6 soliloquy: "I watched seabeams glitter in the dark off the Tanhauser Gate..." You don't know what the hell the dying android is talking about - but you're transfixed none the less. I could give you ten more. And then act them all out with legos.



Main Course: If you were a veggie, which one would you be, and why?
A brussel sprout. Because I'd have a much longer life expectancy.

Dessert: If you took a trip within 100 miles where would you go?
To my buddy Dave Vadenais' restaurant in Sturbridge. A 'friend' and I went up there about a year ago for dinner, etc. and had a delicious time. Amazing food, super atmosphere and a great excuse to get out of the city. Also a convenient, out of the way town in which to bury said friend in a shallow grave when the date turns sour. Dave, what did you put in that salad, you silly goose?!



davepye.com web
 

davepye.com