homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Hey Good Buddies - Who Else Gots A Nextel?

Due to all-around abysmal reception, and a contact within the company (I believe Master P called that ‘The Hook Up’, I've switched over to a Nextel cellphone - and I'm really pleased so far. I don't need to go up to the roofdeck with a coat-hanger and tin foil in order to make a call on a $300 phone anymore. And I can actually hear the phone when it rings as opposed to before when the tone could get drowned out by fruitfly flatulence.



One of the coolest features is the Direct Connect capability, which allows you to use your phone as if you're speaking to someone on a walkie-talkie. I told my friend Megan (the only other person I know with a Nextel) my Direct Connect number and she crackled through a few minutes later – I may live to regret that. But very Convoy-ish and cool. Who else amongst you has this wondrous capability?

If you're a friend of mine, and you have a Nextel, leave a comment or send me an email with your DC number. This will be fun, and no - my nerdiness knows no bounds. Nextel - Not just for construction workers anymore. But still fine for serial masturbators and dweebs.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update: I now have the DC #'s for 5 people. They're coming out of the woodwork. I am way to excited by this "new" technology that's been around for 7 years. Keep 'em coming. 

Posted by David Pye

Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'We got a great big convoy - rockin through the night' 

Posted by Bryan Whitely

Friday, January 21, 2005 7:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICHIE AND I BOUGHT WALKIE TAKIES, YOUR NOT THE ONLY NERD  

Posted by JV

Friday, January 21, 2005 9:18:00 AM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com