homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Reigning Quotelet Champ: Give 'Er, Keo.

Reaction to the Quotelets was fast and fierce when I started them a few months back. Recently though, the participation has petered out and I can't help but think it's because I'd never conceeded defeat. I am happy to announce that I've finally been unsurped, and I'm hoping that fact will breathe some life back into these little interactive literary bastards.

Way to go Keo - although only a handfull of us will get the joke, and I am not going to explain it to the rest of you for fear of being convicted of a hate crime, it was fricking hilarious and I'm officially giving you the conch. Your name has been added to the new current champ listing on the left, and I hope you stay there for many weeks. Send me a photo and I'll add it too. And to the rest of you - this can be a lot of fun, so let's keep 'er going. Bragging rights get me out of bed in the morning.



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my permission to explain it. As you can tell by the picture that sparked the defeat, I have thick skin.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Alright you filthy bastard - you're famous. Let's hope people are inspired to participate more frequently now that they stand a chance of removing your ugly mug from the site.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nep·o·tism

n: favoritism shown to relatives or close friends by those in power (as by giving them jobs or dubbing them quotele champ)

Call me bitter, call me what you will...

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

Graeme - take the anger... focus it... unsurp the twerp!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I my quote Ginsberg (with a small alteration):

"I saw the best quoteles of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked..."

Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ped·er·ast:

A man who has sexual relations... especially anal intercourse... with a boy.

Or a girl's ass that looks comparable to an 8 year old boy's.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Walter, you and your hobbies!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Dave Pye said...

That's hot.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:40:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com