homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The End Of An Ewa.

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the untimely demise of Wednesday Wadio. I hope that the hiatus will be a temporary one, but the software I use to play the songs also makes them searchable in a big worldwide network. This wouldn't be a big deal if people who wanted to listen to songs I've featured actually came to the site to do so - but they don't have to. My bandwidth is simply sucked away to God knows where, the source completely anonymous.

Last month, songs from Wadio Pye were download over 20,000 times by various people around the world. They type "Gorillaz" into the search engine, for example, and 2.5 megabytes of my bandwidth are used to play the song for a 13 year old girl somewhere in Spain. Now that I think about it - that's kind of hot. But - no - it's still an enormous strain on my expensive bandwidth.

There's always another tool to use. If it hsn't been thought up, it will be soon. I may also resort to just posting MP3s on my server and giving interested parties and friends the password to get access to them. That way, as opposed to the current Radio.Blog system, which converts the MP3s into smaller Flash files, you'll be able to get proper MP3s of the songs for use on your own iPods. Perhaps that's the best course of action. I mean, who hasn't wished they could listen to Liquor and Whores while jogging? I'll make it happen, you lucky people.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know for a fact I asked you for Liquor and Whores so I could put it on my iPod. It's like you are speaking to me man!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Wove the Wadio! It will be sadly missed....

Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:30:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com