homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, June 02, 2006

Friday's Quizzlet: Get By With A Little Help From My Lens.

Appetizer: On a scale of 1 to 10, how funny do you think you are?
Let's face it - people who think they're funny, usually aren't even close. People who are indeed naturally funny don't have to try. People who say "just kidding" everytime they make a joke, are right up there with Colombian death squads and mosquitos on my list of things that must be eradicated immediately. I seem to have a good knack for making people laugh - but then we have to remember there are people like Jim Norton, Sean Cullen, Dave Chappelle and Dave Attell in this world. I think I can give myself a solid 7/10.

Soup: Name a local restaurant would you recommend to a visitor to your city.
There's a little known, highly secret, hidden Greek restaurant near the Galleria called Desfina. I found it by chance when I was wandering around that neighborhood with a friend one day a few years back. Boston has some other Greek options - Meze being the foo foo, $100 a person venue, while Steve's is tasty - but more of a lunchtime place. There's also a decent stand in Quincy Market. But for a quaint, two-fisted Kourtaki Retsina drinking, casual, full dining and extremely affordable Greek feast you can get to on the T - Desfina is the way to go.

Salad: What's a lesson you were lucky enough to learn the easy way?
This question is rubbing me the wrong way. I dunno, flashcards for my times tables? British Comedy rules? It's better to watch somebody else get hit by a train? I was always good in English. That was pretty easy. Riding a bike? Blazing Saddles is the funniest film ever made? I give up. Maybe someone else can run with this one.

Main Course: Where would you like to be 5 years from now?
In the home office of a building I own working for myself. Listening to the Happy Mondays on the attached private roofdeck, before watching Blade Runner and falling asleep to play poker with John Belushi and Chris Farley. Yes, this is a blatant spidering exercise - but I added cool videos to all those lenses last night and you may want to check them out. The first sentence was genuine, anyway.

Dessert: If you could see the front page of a newspaper from June 2, 2106, what would you imagine the headline might be?
Dave Pye's Cryogenically Frozen Head Finds Cure for Cancer; Tells Hepatitis to 'Watch its Ass'.



1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Pye said...

Well we hope you come back soon, JV. You know I appreciate the backup, but I have to live in that neighborhood - whereas you're 500 miles away. Besides, I have been editing you in one way or another for almost 15 years.

Friday, June 02, 2006 3:45:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com