homedavid.pyegalleryguestmap • myspace • contact • squidoo • rss

Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday's Quizzlet: Make The Gas Face.

Appetizer: What are you proud of?
I am proud of my mother who beat a very serious illness last year. I hesitate to talk about it for fear I will somehow jinx her health, but it's the truth. She quietly and bravely dealt with the painful treatment for months, and it's all just a bad memory at this point. That situation was a big factor in my deciding to move back, and it remains inspirational.

Soup: What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize?
I'm sure you all remember the rap group 3rd Bass with great fanatical fondness. Their first album, which featured Gas Face, was called The Cactus Album. The Newbury Comics in Framingham had a contest - come to the store and enter your name to win a real cactus. A few weeks later, I got a call from some record company stoolie telling me I'd won. We drove back to the store and picked up the 4 foot tall cactus which was worth about $100. I had it for about 4 years until it died. At the time, I was quite psyched.



Salad: Name something you do that is a waste of time.
Anything that doesn't make money is technically a waste of time. Jeepers, take your pick. Watch TV and movies, sleep, eat, go outside. It really depends on your definition. For example, if you are a birthday party clown for hire, making balloon animals is definitely not a waste of time. Otherwise, you're going to make me a little uncomfortable.

Main Course: In what year of your life did you change the most?
I predict it will be this year, post move. Nothing has changed much in the last seven, which is part of the problem. Check in with me mid-May, quizzlet. And then there was the sex change.

Dessert: Where is a place you consider to be very tranquil?
The end of my parent's dock in Portland, Ontario. I expect I will spend a lot of time there over the next several months. I plan on getting my boat license and possibly buying a jetski. I am getting aroused just thinking about it all. Maybe I'll just rent a truck this afternoon.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ELROY. Elroy Cohen gets the Gas Face.

Great post.

Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:12:00 PM  
Social bookmark this

Post a Comment

<< Home

davepye.com web
 

davepye.com